This week is National Stalking Awareness Week and we want to support the amazing work Paladin do by giving you our tips to stay safe online. With the advent of social media, cyber stalking became a real and dangerous thread and it shouldn’t be underestimated how much damage online stalking can do. We have already written about children staying safe on social media in our blog here and indeed much of the advice is pertinent to adults too.
Here are our top tips to keep you safe online: –
- Change your passwords regularly
- Never share your passwords with anybody
- Never give out personal information online
- Keep your security and privacy settings on the highest possible setting
- Never share your location – if you’re concerned about this make sure you set location services to off on your device.
- Block unsolicited messages
- Do not be afraid to report messages that are threatening in any way. You will be taken seriously
We hope you find today’s tip useful – please share amongst your friends and colleagues if you think it will be useful. If you are on Twitter join in this week using the hashtag #NSAW16.