Whilst the aim of most people is to grow their brand organically, boosted posts on Facebook can be a really valuable – and good value – tool.
Why not follow our top tips to get the most out of your budget: –
- Give the post time to perform organically first. You might find that a boost isn’t required, but do give your content time to settle before you consider boosting.
- Ensure the content will remain relevant over the boosted period. It can take a couple of days for the boost to make an impact – make sure the content you boost will not have expired by the time the boost period ends.
- Only spend money on meaningful posts, there’s little point boosting the more transient content – save your budget for events, special offers and new products, and valuable information
- Make sure you set your boost parameters carefully – consider who your customer is and who you want to attract to your post and page.
- Make sure your boosted posts meet Facebook guidelines, otherwise it may be rejected! remember, any images you use must not be more than 20% text. Images with a high text content may run at a lower performance or even not run at all. You can check if your image complies, by using the Facebook Tool.
- In addition to boosting, pin your post to the top of your page – you must use the organic tools at your disposal in addition to the monetized ones!
- Make sure you check your Facebook Insights, this will give you valuable information as to the performance of your boosted post and help you make decisions as to whether it was worth the spend!