Do the images you use in your social media posts meet our rule of six?!
We know that posts that contain images perform better on social media, but how do you find the perfect image to accompany your post.
We’ve created a handy guide to help you choose the right image: –
- Are the images good quality? Images for social media don’t need to be professional quality but they need to be crisp and clear.
- Are they attractive? Images must add value to your post – an unattractive image will do the opposite!
- Are the images relevant? Make sure the image you choose has some bearing to the content of the post; choosing an image purely because it looks nice despite having no context is not a useful strategy.
- Is the image easy to see? If the image is too dark or too small, it will bring little value.
- Use text in your images sparingly; remember screen reading devices cannot read text on images so to make your posts accessible put the main text in your post.
- Add branding where necessary. Not every image will need branding especially if your profile shots are your logo, but if you choose to do so remember good branding is noticeable but not obtrusive.
Have fun, enjoy creating and improve your social media channels by adding some great images!